Thursday, July 28, 2011

Welcome, sit down, enjoy some apple crisp will you?

Welcome to my blog! I've been reading blogs for a few years now (I'll post my favs another time) and have now decided to start my own! I consider myself a minimalist and a bit old fashion, and wanted to share my lifestyle with other like-minded Moms. Cooking, cleaning tips (Yeah I'm sure my Mother is getting a chuckle out of that one), and my beautiful family is what you'll find here :)



Now, enough of my jabber and on to the good stuff.....Apple Crisp!! FYI, don't choose a super hot day to run your oven this long wheeeeew!!






This recipe is a"no fail recipe" You can't mess it up, and it's so simple :)





Peel and slice 8 apples (I used 7 because that is all hubby brought home from the boat)
(One of these guys works wonders)




Add 1/4 cup of water and a pinch of cinnamon (We love cinnamon so we did a bit more than a pinch)



Add these in your glass dish. Now for your topping you will use: 2 cubes butter, 2 cups flour, 2 cups brown sugar and 1 cup oats. Put on top of your apple mixture and bake @350 for 45-55mins.


Here is the finished product


And here is my 2.5 year old Princess M enjoying some.



Hope Y'all enjoy this treat as much as she did :) Have a great day!!

<3 Mama
























No comments:

Post a Comment