Monday, February 27, 2012

Cleaning cloth diapers

Disclaimer: I do not sell or am affiliated with anyone who sells Shaklee products. I am not receiving any incentive to write this post. All opinions in this post are of my own experiences with the product.


I started using shaklee basic H cleaner about a year ago when I my children were diagnosed with Asthma and my normal cleaning products were giving me really bad headaches. I spent many late nights reading reviews online only to find out a lot of the organic safe cleaners out there really aren't that safe. About the best reviews on all natural cleaning products I found was the Shaklee line. I don't know anyone that sells it so I had to order over the phone. Maybe I should sell it to keep my own supply ha ha!! With that being said I was browsing posts from blissfully ever after blog via facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/BlissfullyEverAfter and came across a post that you can use Basic G (germicide) on cloth diapers. The directions state; Coupled with 1/2 tsp of Shaklee Basic G (a germicide), 1/4 tsp of Basic H2 can remove germs and odors from your cloth diapers. Leave a bit in your diaper pail to prevent odors there, as well. I never purchased the Basic G but there was a jug of it under my sink someone gave me when we purchased the house. I gave it a try and was really impressed. The product rinsed out of his diapers really well and the are surely not as stinky as they were with washing them in regular unscented detergent and dish liquid. They are disinfected safely and the stains removed well. My son usually leaves me some gross surprises in those cloth diapers so using the Basic G was a life saver!

3 comments:

  1. I love basic G! :) Of course I love Shaklee and love being a distributor!! ;)

    -Katie

    Building a House of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you had any problems using Shaklee yet? I am a distributor and getting ready to switch to cloth diapers and I am researching what Shaklee products to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope still use it and am very pleased :) A drop of basic H (you could even use the shaklee dish soap, a bit of basic H, double rinse and line dry works every time for me :)

    ReplyDelete