Friday, June 22, 2012

Frugal living Friday

Since we have had such beautiful weather and it has really sparked my Summer state of mind, I thought this weeks topic I could right about budgeting your Summer vacations...Why pay more when you can pay less!!

1. GOOGLE is your friend. look up your accommodations, the best rates, the cheapest time to go. A lot of places offer discounts if you book your hotel through them, and it's no cost to you.

2. Try something different.. When going away we usually aim for a bed and breakfast, cottage or just plain old camping. I love the more rustic feel of the 3 and those options are generally much, much cheaper than a hotel.

3. Coupons!! Like I said, Google is your friend. Print off a few coupons to some places that you would like to stop. Could be anything from a discount on your coffee, ice cream for the kids, the new restaurant you wanted to try etc...

4. Remember if you are traveling far and you have a cell phone. Call your provider and they can offer a plan so you are not facing a hefty bill when you get home!!

5. Do your own cooking while you are away. 3 meals a day plus snacks at restaurants are not cheap!! Besides, as many breakfast places I have ate at..cooking it myself always seems much better :)

I'm also going to add a link to a blog I LOVE..she has some good organizational tips on packing for your travels as well. http://organizingmadefun.blogspot.ca/2012/04/road-trip-packing.html

No comments:

Post a Comment